The 2012 Brazilian Symposium on Bioinformatics (BSB 2012) is an international conference which covers all aspects of bioinformatics and computational biology. BSB 2012 is organized by the special interest group in computational biology of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). Since 2005 the BSB proceedings have been published in the series Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics (LNBI) by Springer Verlag.
**Journal special issue** For BSB 2012, authors of selected best papers will be invited to submit significantly extended and revised versions to a special issue of the IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics.
BSB 2012 is now an affiliated conference of the International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB). Like SBC members, ISCB members will receive a discount of about 14% on their registration fees.
BSB 2012, together with the Brazilian School on Bioinformatics (Escola Brasileira de Bioinformática - EBB), will be held at the College of Computing of Federal University of Mato Grosso do Sul in Campo Grande, a city situated in the Center-West region of Brazil. In addition to regular technical sessions with oral, poster presentations, the conference program will feature invited plenary talks by world-leading researchers.
- EBB2012 courses - August 13-14 2012
- BSB2012 - August 15-17 2012
BSB 2012 Program Committee Chairs
- Marcilio C. P. de Souto (UFPE, Brazil)
- Maricel G. Kann (UMBC, USA)
Organizing Committee Chair
- Nalvo Franco de Almeida Jr. (UFMS, Brazil)
BSB 2012 Invited Speakers
- Marcos V.G.B. da Silva (EMBRAPA, Brazil)
- José Fernando Garcia (UNESP, Brazil)
- Fernando D. González-Nilo (Universidad Andrés Bello, Chile)
- Maricel Kann (University of Maryland/Baltimore, USA)
- Jens Stoye (Bielefeld University, Germany)